Official Weber Website
I often say the heart of grilling lies in grilling techniques. What separates the master grillers from the masses is that the experts understand how to manage their grill.
Sure, recipes are important, but techniques matter most. Thus, here are the 10 essentials for better grilling. Follow these tips and you will become a true BBQ master.
1. Preheat the Grill
2. Keep it Clean
3. Oil the Food, Not the Grate
4. Keep the Lid Down
Here are 4 important reasons why the lid should be closed as much as possible.
1. It keeps the grates hot enough to sear the food.
2. It speeds up the cooking time and prevents the food from drying out.
3. It traps the smokiness that develops when fat and juices vaporize in the grill.
4. It prevents flare-ups by limiting oxygen.
5. Time and Temperature
6. Know When to Be Direct, Know When to be Indirect
7. Maintaining Temperatures
8. Tame the Flame
9. Caramelization is Key
10. Lighter Fluid: No Way!