Official Weber Website
Here are some frequently asked questions from fans when smoking a pork shoulder. You asked, we answered!
1. Why is my pork shoulder taking so long to smoke?
2. How long should I plan to smoke my pork shoulder/butt?
3. How often should I open the lid to check the internal temperatures of the meat?
4. How do you check the temperature of the pork after it’s wrapped in foil?
5. Should I inject my pork shoulder?
6. Should I spritz my pork with apple juice while it’s smoking?
7. How long do you recommend letting the pork sit once it is finished?
8. How do I make my pork shoulder cook faster/slower?
9. How long will it take for my foiled pork shoulder to rise from 165 to 195 degrees?
10. Can I smoke chicken and pork shoulder at the same time?
11. Once I have wrapped my pork shoulder in foil, do I keep using my smoker box with wood chips? Does the smoke flavor affect the meat after it’s been wrapped in foil?
12. Should I soak my wood chips?
13. Should I place my pork shoulder in a drip pan before wrapping it in foil?
Check out here and here for pork shoulder inspiration and more tips!