Official Weber Website
This grilling season, think outside of the BBQ box and add lamb to your grilling menu with a mouthwatering lamb burger.
If you really want to impress your guests and step up your burger game, try our recipe for Mediterranean Style Lamb Burgers, seasoned and grilled to perfection. The best part? Lamb burgers are just as simple to cook as your other run of the mill burgers, but they have more flavor!
We guarantee that once you try a lamb burger, you’ll never look at burgers the same way again. Not only does a three ounce serving of lamb provide nearly five times the amount of the omega-3 fatty acid, alpha linolenic acid (ALA) compared to the same serving of beef, it also packs in about 50 percent (or 23 grams) of your daily protein needs.
At approximately 175 calories per three ounce serving, lamb fits well into a healthy, balanced eating plan that adheres to total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol recommendations.
Convinced? We hope so. Perhaps it’s time for your grill to “meat” lamb. Delicious, nourishing, and easy to cook, lamb can transform an otherwise ordinary backyard get-together into a truly special celebration. This summer, give your grill and your taste buds some good lovin’ with lamb!
Enter our Thrill From The Grill Sweepstakes! You Could Win a Weber® Grill Prize Package! For complete contest details, prizes and entry form click here: https://woobox.com/4oh5hn
For more inspiration, watch the making of this Mediterranean Lamb Burger here.
Mediterranean Style Lamb Burgers
Recipe Courtesy of Weber Grill Restaurant
Makes 6 -1/3 lb. patties
For the patty
2 lbs. ground lamb
2 Tbsp. fresh oregano (chopped fine)
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
2 tsp. fresh garlic (chopped fine)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
To Build the Burger
Pitas – no pocket
Olive oil – for brushing
Fresh spinach or arugula
Grill dried tomatoes
Skewer (for presentation)
Kosher salt (to season before cooking)
1. Place the lamb in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the seasoning over the lamb. Mix in the seasonings as gently as possible so you do not compress the texture too much, over mixing will make the patty chewy.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 even portions and shape into an oval; this will help it fit the shape of the pita. Do not press the patty to hard, just enough to shape.
3. Set up your grill for Medium High direct heat about 350° to 450°
4. Season the patty with the kosher salt.
5. When the grill is ready, place the patties over direct heat and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, turning once.
6. During the last minute top the burger with the feta cheese to melt.
7. When the burgers are cooked to your desired doneness remove from the grill.
8. Brush the pitas with the olive oil and grill the pita.
9. To assemble place the pita on the plate, add a ½ cup of spinach and top with the cooked patty.
10. Finish with the dried tomatoes and close the pita secure with the pepperoncini skewer.