Charcoal-grill beef ribs, fresh grilled salsa and chipotle sour cream are just three of the many reasons why these are some of the tastiest tacos you'll ever eat!
Short Rib Soft Tacos
By Mike Lang
9 flanken cut short ribs
6 oz dark lager beer
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chipotle puree
2 stems fresh cilantro
Kosher salt & freshly cracked pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chipotle puree
Grill Roasted Salsa
1. Place a gallon sized plastic bag in a medium sized bowl. Add the beer, olive oil, chipotle puree, and cilantro to the bag and whisk together. Add the short ribs. Remove as much air from the bag as possible and seal. Place in the refrigerator and marinade for 6-12 hours.
2. Remove the short ribs from the marinade and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct medium high heat (400-450°F) for 2-3 minutes a side.
3. Remove the meat from the grill. Separate the bones and slice the meat into quarter inch pieces.
4. Heat tortillas over direct medium high heat for approximately 15 seconds a side.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and chipotle puree.
6. Load a tortilla with chipotle sour cream, short ribs, salsa, queso fresco, and cilantro.