Prime rib is an impressive cut of meat to serve to your family and friends, but impressive doesn't have to mean complicated or difficult. Check out this video for easy, step-by-step instructions on how to grill the perfect Prime Rib!
Grilled Prime Rib
By Mike Lang
- Beef Rib Roast - 3 bones, approximately 6-8 pounds
- Olive oil Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh thyme
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Optional: For easier carving once the roast is done, cut away the rib bones and then reattach them with butcher twine.
- Lightly cover the beef with olive oil, then generously rub in the salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
- Grill over medium-low heat (275-300°F) until the internal temperature of the beef reaches 120°F. Remove from the grill, wrap in foil, and allow to rest approximately 30 minutes.
- Over indirect-high heat (500-600°F) return the beef to the grill and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the grill. Allow to rest again. Remove the bones. Carve and serve.