Fresh Pork Tenderloin Sliders
Sometimes the simplest meals make the most sense. Case in point, I have a special place in my heart for fresh pork tenderloin. I never thought of it until our friends at Smithfield made the suggestion, but besides a great grilled dinner, fresh pork tenderloin also makes the best sliders.
Think about it for a minute. First, a fresh pork tenderloin is perfectly “slider sized.” Second, there is no faster way to grill up a dozen sliders than by grilling one fresh pork tenderloin. Even better is that Smithfield fresh pork tenderloin is perfectly pre-marinated in delicious seasonings, thus reducing prep time. They’re perfect any night, as Smithfield has done the prep work for you!
For this recipe, I used the Weber Q. It’s a great example of the Q’s versatility, as it involves both direct and indirect grilling.
Garlic & Herb Pork Sliders
by Mike Lang
1. Prepare the grill for direct grilling and allow to preheat for 10-15 minutes.
2. Over direct medium heat, grill the fresh tenderloin for 2 minutes a side, for a total of 8 minutes.
3. Move the tenderloin over indirect heat now. Or if using a Q, remove the tenderloin from the grill and place the roasting shield on the grates. Place the tenderloin on the roasting shield, lower the lid.
Grill for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the tenderloin reaches 145 F with an instant read thermometer.
4. Remove the tenderloin from the grill. Allow to rest a few minutes and then slice into 12 equal pieces. Place each slice on a bun and then top with a piece of gouda. Return the slices on to the roasting shield or over indirect heat. Lower the lid for several minutes allowing the cheese to melt.
Tip: For perfectly sized cheese slices, cut each slice with a cookie cutter to match the size of the sliders.
5. Remove from the grill, add your favorite condiment, and top with a pickle. To say these are fantastic is to sell them short. They are just that good.