Cuddling Up With Comfort Food
As the crisp air fills with drifting leaves, I often find myself… well hungry. Hungry for a hot, juicy grilled meal. You know, comfort food.
Comfort food is that wonderful combination of tastes, smells and textures that evokes warm memories of childhood and secure feelings of home. The kind of food you need on a cold or windy day, after a long day of travel, or at the end of an exhausting workweek.
Comfort food has a way of making everything okay. And if it comes off your Weber Grill, you know it’s going to hit the spot. If you ask folks at Weber about their favorite grilled comfort foods, their answers might surprise you:
- Filet mignon. (Okay, so that’s not such a surprise.)
- Bananas grilled with honey and lime juice.
- Buffalo wings. Lots of ‘em.
- Mangos, bananas, and pineapple tossed with brown sugar and heated in foil packets, then poured over ice cream. (Where’s my spoon?)
- S’mores. (I think everyone who’s ever been a Scout understands this one.)
- And for a real treat, mango quesadillas –cubed mango and shredded Mexican cheese with peppers toasted between two flour tortillas on the grill.
When it’s cold and blustery outside, and daylight gives way to dusk while I’m still at my desk, a Friday-night dinner party is a sure way to lift my spirits. I’ll light the fireplace to warm my guests while prime rib is roasting outside on my Performer Series Grill.
Friends always appreciate the warmth of the hearth, the aroma of a hardwood fire, and the incomparable taste of juicy prime rib roasted over charcoal and hickory chips. In my book, there’s nothing like sharing the warmth and comfort of my home, along with a great meal and good bottle of wine, to melt away to stress of the workweek.
© 1997 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Story from the Grill Out Times. Used with permission.