- 1. Use of the Site by Children
We note that our websites and applications, are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 18.
- 2. Collection, use and disclosure of your data
The specific scope and mode of collection, use and disclosure of your data depends on whether you are visiting our Internet presence only for browsing the Site (e.g. for viewing the products we offer) or whether you are actually using specific services (e.g. if you order products).
- a. Use for browsing the Site
- Date and time of the visit of any of our websites
- Type of your browser
- Browser settings
- The operating system you use
- The website last visited by you
- The data volume transmitted and the access status (file transmitted, file not found etc.) and
- Your IP address.
If you visit the Site for browsing only, we collect and use this data in non-personal form only. This is done to generally enable the use of the websites you visit as well as for statistical purposes and for improving our web presence and the services we provide there.
- b. Use of specific services / Shopping at the Site
We only collect personal data if you voluntarily disclose such data to us on the occasion of a purchase order process, product/service/grill registration process, event and/or course registration process, when interacting with our customer service/online consumer care team/when submitting comments, queries or messages to us, or when opening a customer account. We may also collect personal data obtained from our dealers, third party vendors, service providers, and/or other partners as well as from publicly available sources. While provision of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to your comments or queries. Personal data collected in this manner includes:
- your name and contact details, including details relating to other person(s) who may be identified from the data;
- information on our past communications and your relationship with us including purchase history; and
- such other information supplied by you and/or collected by us in the course of your dealings with us.
Depending on the circumstances in which you provided your personal data to us, we may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for purposes including:
- to perform the respective service for you;
- to help Weber verify your identity when you contact us;
- to respond to inquiries, comments and suggestions from you;
- to enable Weber entities, dealers, partners, approved third party vendors and/or service providers to provide you with your requested products or services;
- to help Weber detect and prevent fraud and/or illegal activities;
- for general administration purposes;
- for audit and risk management purposes;
- to conduct research, surveys and trend analysis on various matters, such as for product development, statistical, security and testing purposes; and/or
- to fulfil the requirements to satisfy statutory, regulatory and government requirements or to protect our interests.
- c. Opening of My Account/Weber-ID
You can establish a Weber-ID on the Site for free. With a Weber-ID you have access to exclusive content on the Site (recipes, tips and tricks, etc.), you can register your grill(s) and other products, maintain all relevant information for them (warranty, instructions), save products you are interested in, check order status, and otherwise have a central access for all data and services that Weber offers you.
In addition the Weber-ID is used to provide registered users with a personalized and individualized experience on our website. Accordingly, we collect and analyze data on the user’s behavior. For that, the following data is collected, analyzed and used:
- Email address
- Name and Address
- Orders and cart
- Saved products
- Email list status
- Registered products
- Customer service/online consumer care claim information
By submitting your personal data you accept the collection, use, processing and/or storing of the data by us. Again, while the provision of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the Weber-ID services. If you want your Weber-ID to be deleted, please contact us under SupportAsia@weberstephen.com . Upon receiving your request to delete your Weber-ID, all personal data relating to your Weber-ID in the database will be disposed immediately.
- d. Use of data for advertising purposes/Newsletter
We intend to use your name and contact information to contact you for advertising purposes. Your consent is required before we do so, and any use of your data for advertising purposes will be subject to your prior, express consent. To this extent, the data will be used to present you with information about new barbecue-related products and events in line with your interests, and about Weber. This includes information about the current or future product range (such as barbecues, equipment, accessories, consumables, lifestyle, etc.), information on promotions and offers as well as about events and shows with the participation of Weber (e.g. courses or classes, seminars, trade fairs, unique, one-time events). This includes both digital advertising via email and advertising through the print media.
You can revoke your consent at any time by email to SupportAsia@weberstephen.com or by following the instructions at the end of an advertising email.
- e. Disclosure of data to third parties
- a. Session Cookies
We may use “session cookies” (also called temporary cookies), i.e. cookies which are only stored for the time while you are using any of our websites, for certain aspects of browsing the Site. The purpose of these cookies is to identify your computer while you are visiting our Site, even while changing from one of our websites to another, and to determine the end of your visit.
The cookies are deleted as soon as you have closed your browser session.
- b. Tracking and Targeting Cookies
On the Site we also use tracking and targeting cookies that monitor the user’s behavior. For that purpose we only use so-called First-Party cookies, i.e. these cookies will not be made available by your browser to other domains than the Site.
These cookies are used for the following services:
- Page view/Page impression – this analyzes how often the website is visited
- Clickstream or Clickpath analysis – the movement of the user on the website is tracked (e.g. on which way did the user come to a certain product)
- Ad Impressions and Click Through – this analyzes how often an advertisement banner is shown and clicked
You can set your browser to allow these cookies or not to. If you choose, you may completely deactivate the storage of cookies or only allow their storage for specific websites, or configure your browser so as to cause the browser to automatically send you a message as soon as a cookie is to be placed, asking for your permission regarding that cookie. Please note: if you want to use the full scope of features of the Site, the use of certain cookies will be required.
- c. Use of Google Analytics
You can also prevent the collection and recording of the data pertaining to your use of the Site that is generated by the cookie (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For more detailed information on the terms and conditions of use and data protection, please visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
- d. Google AdWords
The information obtained by means of the conversion cookies are intended for the preparation of statistics for AdWords customers using conversion cookies. By these statistics we can find out about the total number of users who have clicked on the advertisement placed by Google and have visited a page to which a conversion tracking tag was added.
For more detailed information on the terms and conditions of use and data protection in connection with Google AdWords, please go to: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
- e. Optimizely
- 4. Social Media Plug-ins
When you visit the Site, no data is automatically transmitted to social networks (e.g.: Facebook, Twitter). Please note, however, that Weber may provide customer list information you may have provided Weber, to Facebook and other social media networks in order to utilize services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience and pixel services.
Otherwise, only after you have actively clicked the applicable link yourself, your Internet browser will establish a connection to the servers of the relevant social network; therefore, by clicking the appropriate button (e.g. “Like”), you give your consent to your Internet browser establishing a connection to the servers of the relevant social network and transmitting data relating to the use of the website to the relevant social network provider.
Once you have directly engaged with the relevant social media website, your use and browsing will be governed by the data protection statements/privacy policies of the relevant providers.
- 5. Data security
Weber takes technical and organizational security measures (such as the use of SSL encryption for certain components of the Site) to protect accruing or collected personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or attacks by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously being improved as new technologies become available and following our regular review of our current data security, access and protection practices.
- 6. Data Sharing and International Data Transfers
Depending on the services you have requested, your personal data may be shared, disclosed to or otherwise processed by the following third parties, which may be located within or outside Singapore:
- Weber Group entities;
- Weber authorised dealers or partners, Weber's approved service providers and third parties ;
- Weber's professional advisors and external auditors, legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
- Governmental and regulatory authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and government requirements, including any regulatory and governmental bodies in the United States or other countries that your personal data is transferred to, for purposes such as reporting, risk, audit, controlling and any other obligatory functions and requirements.
However, as mentioned above, we will not share your personal data with third parties for direct marketing purposes without your written consent.
Your personal data may also be transferred and processed in data centres and servers located worldwide for storage purposes.
- 7. Consent
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the Weber Group collecting, using, disclosing and processing your personal data including the transfer out of Singapore as described in this policy except where express or written consent is required under applicable law. If you do not consent or wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by contacting SupportAsia@WeberStephen.com. If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data, we shall proceed to continue to collect, use, disclose and/or process the same unless instructed otherwise.
- 8. Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data. If you wish to access, correct, limit or update the personal data you have submitted to us, or to make any inquiries or complaints about the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of such information, please contact at SupportAsia@weberstephen.com. We provide individuals with access to their personal data where we believe appropriate, including in situations where you are entitled to access and correct your personal data under applicable laws.
- 9. Questions and Legal Notice