Additionally, in this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information with regard to a living individual which enables to identify the specific individual by name, birthdate or other descriptions contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual) and which contains an individual identification code such as passport number, drivers’ license number.
1. Collection of Personal Information
a. Collection of Personal Information
- data which are collected from sales orders, application, consent or other forms, personal documents,
- data collected through participation in customer satisfaction surveys, Weber and dealers, third party vendors, service providers, and/or other partners,
- data provided by you such as comments, queries or messages that you may submit to Weber in whatever manner, and
- data from publically available sources.
b. Opening of Account/Weber-ID
Customers can establish a Weber-ID on website of Weber (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”) for free. With a Weber-ID, you have access to exclusive content on the Site (recipes, tips and tricks, etc.), you can register your grill(s) and other products, maintain all relevant information for them (warranty, instructions), save products you are interested in, check order status, and otherwise have a central access for all data and services that Weber offers you.
In addition the Weber-ID is used to provide registered users with a personalized and individualized service on the Site. Accordingly, Weber will collect and analyze the following data on the user’s behavior or others:
- Email address
- Name and Address
- Orders and cart
- Saved products
- Email list status
- Registered products
- Customer service/online consumer care claim information
If you want your Weber-ID to be deleted, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Use of Personal Information
Weber will use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to help Weber verify your identity when you contact us,
- to respond to inquiries, comments and suggestions from you,
- to enable Weber entities, dealers, partners, approved third party vendors and/or service providers to provide you with your requested products or services,
- to help Weber detect and prevent fraud and/or illegal activities,
- for general administration purposes,
- for audit and risk management purposes,
- to conduct research, surveys and trend analysis on various matters, such as for product development, statistical, security and testing purposes,
- to deal with the mailing and communication of information literature (e.g. invitations to exclusive events, information on promotions and offers, sending marketing materials or leaflets or booklets and/or e-newsletters & etc.),
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about Weber’s products and services, and
- Any purposes incidental to the above.
3. Prohibition of Personal Information from Disclosing to Third Party
Weber will properly manage the Personal Information acquired from customers and will not disclose such Information to any third party, unless it falls upon any one of the followings:
- cases in which principal consents,
- cases based on laws and regulations,
- cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal’s consent,
- cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain a principal’s consent, or
- cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a principal’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party Contractors
Weber may provide other Weber group entities, third party’s contractors or others within or outside Japan with the Personal Information acquired from customers within the necessary scope for attaining the purposes of use such as price settlement, shipment of goods, data processing, data storage or others. In this case, Weber shall obligate protection of such Personal Information to such Weber group entities and contractors such as execution of confidential agreements and shall control such contractors to let them treat the Personal Information properly.
5. Disclosure of Statistical Data of Information
Weber may collect and analyze the Personal Information acquired from customers and may disclose such Information to any third party after processing such Information into statistical data which is impossible to identify any individual such as average age of purchasers of our products. In this case, it will be the result of calculation that is used and disclosed and Weber will not disclose the Personal Information itself to any third party.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
When customers visit the Site, no data is automatically transmitted to social networks (e.g.: Facebook, Twitter). Please note, however, that Weber may provide customer list information you may have provided Weber, to Facebook and other social media networks in order to utilize services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience and pixel services.
Otherwise, only after customers have actively clicked the applicable link yourself, your Internet browser will establish a connection to the servers of the relevant social network; therefore, by clicking the appropriate button (e.g. “Like”), customers give your consent to your Internet browser establishing a connection to the servers of the relevant social network and transmitting data relating to the use of the Site to the relevant social network provider.
Once customers have directly engaged with the relevant social media site, your use and browsing will be governed by the data protection statements/privacy policies of the relevant providers.
7. Request for Disclosure of Personal Information
When customers request to disclose their own Personal Information, Weber will disclose such to the customers without delay. However, when it should fall upon any one of the followings resulting from disclosure of the Personal Information, Weber may not disclose all or part of such Information and give notice of such non-disclosure to the applicant customers without delay. Additionally, Weber will charge 1,000JPY per request as handling charge upon disclosure of the Personal Information:
- when such disclosure may harm life, body, property or other rights and interests of the applicant customers or any third party,
- when such disclosure may cause material trouble for proper implementation of Weber’s businesses, or
- when such disclosure may breach any laws and regulations.
8. Request for Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If customers wish to correct or delete your own Personal Information, Weber will deal with such request after proper identification.
9. Security of Personal Information
Weber will keep the Personal Information accurate and the latest condition and will take necessary measures such as maintenance of security system and administration system, in-depth employees’ training or others in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leak or others of the Personal Information, implement safety measures, and carry out strict management of the Personal Information. Also, when Weber need not to use the Personal Information, we will make an effort to delete such without delay.
10. Safety Measures of Personal Information
Weber will take the best security measures in order to ensure accuracy and safety of the Personal Information.
11. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Weber shall be in compliance with Japanese laws and regulations applicable to the Personal Information and shall make an effort to improve this Policy by reviewing such contents according to amendments of such laws and regulations.
12. Amendment of this Policy
This Policy may be updated from time to time due to technical updates and appropriate implementation of new technologies and/or due to changes of applicable laws and regulation without notification to customers. This amended Policy shall be effective at the time when such Policy is published on the Site, unless Weber otherwise sets out.
13. Contact Information
Please contact the followings if you would have any inquiry with regard to our treatment of the Personal Information and this Policy.
Weber-Stephen Products (Japan) GK
Phone Number: +81 (0)3-4588-9530
Email Address: SupportAsia@WeberStephen.com
The Site is used upon the responsibility of customers.
Weber will not bear any responsibility for any trouble, loss, damage or others upon your usage of the Site. Also, Weber will not bear any responsibility for any damage resulting from usage of any information which is acquired from the Site and other sites linked with the Site.