Carefully does it
General safety instructions
- Please read the user manual enclosed with your barebcue carefully and in full.
- Always place your barbecue on a firm, flat, heat-resistant and non-flammable surface. Never place the barbecue in a tight space or where there is a lot of movement.
- Please keep young children and pets away from your barbecue.
- To protect your arms and hands when handling the hot barbecue, you should always use heat-resistant barbecue mitts and good quality, long tools.
- Special care should be taken when using oil on the barbecue. Oil should only be used if absolutely necessary and applied to the cooking grate using kitchen roll. Alternatively, you can spray the cooking grate with Weber’s specially designed Non-Stick Spray. Previously marinated or oiled food should always be dabbed with kitchen roll to prevent the oil or marinade from dripping down and causing flames.
- Be careful what you wear when barbecuing - easily flammable materials are not suitable for working on the barbecue! You should always wear a BBQ apron, as it will protect your clothing from heat and spattering fat.
- Do not barbecue near flammable objects.
- Never use water to extinguish flames.
- Never cook in enclosed spaces (including the garage). All Weber barbecues are exclusively designed for outdoor use.
Safety instructions for charcoal barbecuing
- Lighter fluids are a safety risk, and it is best to avoid them altogether. You can use lighter cubes instead.
- Use the Chimney Starter on the charcoal grate, not on the ground.
- Smother the coals after barbecuing by closing the air vents (One-Touch system) and the lid damper.
- Let the coal cool overnight and discard it after at least 12 hours.
Safety instructions for gas barbecues
- Always light the barbecue with the lid open.
- Check and clean the grease trays regularly.
- Always turn off the gas on the barbecue first and then close the cylinder.
- Never store the gas cylinder in enclosed spaces.
- The gas hose should be checked regularly for leaks (especially after long breaks).
Safety instructions for electric barbecues
- Only connect your barbecue to individually fused sockets. Do not use multi-plug power strips.
- Protect the connections from moisture.
- Do not use electric barbecues in enclosed spaces. Weber electric barbecues are designed exclusively for outdoor use.