Apple StrudelServes: 4
1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry (320g)
9 tbsp apple compote
Do you like apple pie but you are looking for a twist? Try this amazing apple strudel recipe on your barbecue.
In the kitchen:
- Cut the puff pastry into two circles, 17 cm in diameter.
- Wash and core the apples and cut into thin wedges approx. 1 cm thick.
- Mix the apple compote with the fresh apple and spread on one of the circles of puff pastry, leaving an approx. 1 cm border around the edge. Put the other puff pastry circle on as a lid and press the edges together gently with a fork.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat - approx. 185 °C. Put the waffle and sandwich iron in the GBS grate and preheat for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the apple strudel on the sandwich side of the iron and close. Leave to bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip the iron and bake the other side for 10-15 minutes, or until both sides are golden.