- 1. Use of the App by Children
We note that our websites and applications, including the Site are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
- 2. Collection and Use of Your Data
The specific scope and mode of collection and use of your data depends on whether you are visiting our Internet presence only for browsing the Site (e.g. for viewing the products we offer) or whether you are actually using specific services (e.g. if you order products).
- a. Use for browsing the Site
- Date and time of the visit of any of our websites
- Type of your browser
- Browser settings
- The operating system you use
- The website last visited by you
- The data volume transmitted and the access status (file transmitted, file not found etc.) and
- Your IP address.
If you visit the Site for browsing only, we collect and use this data in non-personal form only. This is done to generally enable the use of the websites you visit as well as for statistical purposes and for improving our web presence and the services we provide there.
- b. Use of specific services / Shopping at the Site
We only collect personal data if you voluntarily disclose such data to us on the occasion of a purchase order process, product/service/grill registration process, event and/or course registration process, when interacting with our customer service/online consumer care team or when submitting comments, queries or messages to us, or when opening a customer account. We may also collect personal data obtained from our dealers, third party vendors, service providers, and/or other partners as well as from publicly available sources. While provision of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to your comments or queries. Personal data collected in this manner includes:
- your name and contact details, including details relating to other person(s) who may be identified from the data;
- your purchase and ordering information including your payment card number;
- information on our past communications and your relationship with us including purchase history; and
- such other information supplied by you and/or collected by us in the course of your dealings with us.
Depending on the circumstances in which you provided your personal data to us, we may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for purposes including:
- to perform the respective service for you;
- to help Weber verify your identity when you contact us;
- to respond to inquiries, comments and suggestions from you;
- to enable Weber entities, dealers, partners, approved third party vendors and/or service providers to provide you with your requested products or services;
- to help Weber detect and prevent fraud and/or illegal activities;
- for general administration purposes;
- for audit and risk management purposes;
- to conduct research, surveys and trend analysis on various matters, such as for product development, statistical, security and testing purposes; and/or
- to fulfil the requirements to satisfy statutory, regulatory and government requirements or to protect our interests.
Your data for the relevant service may be disclosed to reputable service providers working with Weber on transaction-related services (eg: shipping companies and payment services providers).
- c. Opening of My Account/Weber-ID
You can establish a Weber-ID on the Site for free. With a Weber-ID you have access to exclusive content on the Site (recipes, tips and tricks, etc.), you can register your grill(s) and other products, maintain all relevant information for them (warranty, instructions), save products you are interested in, check order status, and otherwise have a central access for all data and services that offers you.
In addition the Weber-ID is used to provide registered users with a personalized and individualized experience on our website. Accordingly, we collect and analyse data on the user’s behaviour. For that, the following data is collected, analysed and used:
- Email address
- Name and Address
- Orders and cart
- Saved products
- Email list status
- Registered products
- Customer service/online consumer care claim information
By submitting your personal data you accept the collection, use, processing and/or storing of the data by us. While the provision of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the Weber-ID services. If you want your Weber-ID to be deleted, please contact us under SupportAsia@weberstephen.com .
- d. Use of data for advertising purposes / Newsletter / Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal data to contact you for advertising purposes and/or send you information about new barbecue-related products and events in line with your interests, and about Weber. This includes information about the current or future product range (such as barbecues, equipment, accessories, consumables, lifestyle, etc.), information on promotions and offers as well as about events and shows with the participation of Weber (e.g. courses or classes, seminars, trade fairs, unique, one-time events).
If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing purposes, please contact us at SupportAsia@weberstephen.com or follow the opt-out instructions in the relevant marketing communication.
- a. Session Cookies
We may use “session cookies” (also called temporary cookies), i.e. cookies which are only stored for the time while you are using any of our websites, for certain aspects of browsing the Site. The purpose of these cookies is to identify your computer while you are visiting our Site, even while changing from one of our websites to another, and to determine the end of your visit.
The cookies are deleted as soon as you have closed your browser session.
- b. Tracking and Targeting Cookies
On the Site we also use tracking and targeting cookies that monitor the user’s behaviour. For that purpose we only use so-called First-Party cookies, i.e. these cookies will not be made available by your browser to other domains than the Site.
These cookies are used for the following services:
- Page view/Page impression – this analyses how often the website is visited
- Clickstream or Clickpath analysis – the movement of the user on the website is tracked (e.g. on which way did the user come to a certain product)
- Ad Impressions and Click Through – this analyses how often an advertisement banner is shown and clicked
You can set your browser to allow these cookies or not to. If you choose, you may completely deactivate the storage of cookies or only allow their storage for specific websites, or configure your browser so as to cause the browser to automatically send you a message as soon as a cookie is to be placed, asking for your permission regarding that cookie. Please note: if you want to use the full scope of features of the Site, the use of certain cookies will be required.
- c. Use of Google Analytics
- d. Google AdWords
The information obtained by means of the conversion cookies are intended for the preparation of statistics for AdWords customers using conversion cookies. By these statistics we can find out about the total number of users who have clicked on the advertisement placed by Google and have visited a page to which a conversion tracking tag was added.
- e. Optimizely
- 4. Social Media Plug-ins
When you visit the Site, no data is automatically transmitted to social networks (e.g.:WeChat and Weibo). However, we provide you with the option to interact with social plugins from social media websites, such as WeChat and Weibo. The social media websites may receive data when you visit a website that has plugins.
Otherwise, only after you have actively clicked the applicable link yourself, your Internet browser will establish a connection to the servers of the relevant social network; therefore, by clicking the appropriate button, you give your consent to your Internet browser establishing a connection to the servers of the relevant social network and transmitting data relating to the use of the website to the relevant social network provider.
Once you have directly engaged with the relevant social media website, your use and browsing will be governed by the data protection statements/privacy policies of the relevant providers.
- 5. Data security
Weber takes technical and organizational security measures (such as the use of SSL encryption for certain components of the Site) to protect accruing or collected personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or attacks by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously being improved as new technologies become available and following our regular review of our current data security, access and protection practices.
- 6. Data Sharing and International Data Transfers
Depending on the services you have requested, your personal data may be shared, disclosed to or otherwise processed by the following third parties, which may be located within or outside Mainland China:
- Weber Group entities;
- Weber authorised dealers or partners, Weber's approved service providers and third parties ;
- Weber's professional advisors and external auditors, legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
- Governmental and regulatory authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and government requirements, including any regulatory and governmental bodies in the United States or other countries that your personal data is transferred to, for purposes such as reporting, risk, audit, controlling and any other obligatory functions and requirements.
- 7. Questions and Legal Notice