Serves: 4 // Prep time: 35 minutes | Grilling time: 20 to 30 minutes | Special equipment: perforated grill pan
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over low heat (250° to 350°F) and preheat the grill pan.
In a large bowl whisk the oil, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the squash, apple, sweet potato, and onion pieces and toss to coat evenly.
Spread the vegetables and apple in a single layer on the grill pan. Grill over direct low heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the orange zest. Serve warm.